March 12, 2020
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
The Coronavirus is beginning to hit close to home. We are working to protect St. Thomas Federal
Credit Union's (STTFCU) environment. In some ways, we will need our Members cooperation to
accomplish creating a safe environment. We would like to ask our Members to join us in the fight
against the Coronavirus. Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Please do not be offended as we have instructed our employees to eliminate handshakes, hugs,
and other close contacts.
- Consider getting cash at our ATMs as this would alleviate hand to hand interactions.
- Consider reducing your use of cash by using a debit card.
- Utilize STTFCU electronic services as an option to in-lobby visits.
- "CU*Talk" - 1-844-357-0084, "It's Me 247" Online Banking, and Mobile Bank
Ways to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick (unfortunately this cannot be determined if the
person is asymptomatic).
- Avoid touching your face.
- Stay home when you are sick and expect to seek medical care.
- The preferred method for covering your cough or sneeze is with a tissue. After that,
immediately dispose of the tissue and wash your hands. Experts are unsure how long the virus
will last on your clothes if you sneeze or cough in your elbow or your shirt.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- The preferred sanitizing method is to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least
20 seconds. Making sure to get your back of your hands, the underside of your nails, and
between your fingers. Utilizing hand sanitizer is a secondary method if water and soap aren't
- Practice social distancing by standing at least 6 feet from someone.
- Opt for the elbow bump, instead of the traditional handshake. Again, experts are not sure how
long the virus survives on clothing; however, when deciding which greeting to utilize, elbow
bumping seems to be the lesser evil.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping keep STTFCU’s environment as safe as possible. Thank
you for your Membership.