Information Technology Manager
As a member of the St. Thomas Federal Credit Union team (STTFCU), the Information Technology Manager supports the National
Credit Union Administration’s (NCUA) regulations and policies along with other STTFCU policies and respectfully interacts with others
in the organization and those doing business with the Credit Union. Represents the Credit Union with professionalism, ethics, integrity,
and exhibits mutual respect towards colleagues and internal/external clients. Keep current and proficient with the necessary skills and
knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the Information Technology Manager. Self-identifies training needs relevant to work
areas and responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, openness to change, and accountability. Works within a team
environment, providing support to and collaboration with colleagues.
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for the daily management, direction and implementation of the IT systems,
network services, help desk, and system operations while creating a secure and competitive system advantage. Enhance the member
and employee experience, support the business needs, improve cost-effectiveness, and create greater productivity and efficiency.
Manages the Business Continuity Program and maintain key technology vendor partnerships.
- Abide by all applicable rules, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Ensures quarterly network and vulnerability tests are performed as required by NCUA regulations and STTFCU policy and
- Install and update Anti-Virus Server Software.
- Manages the installation and/or repairs of equipment.
- Assess new technologies to determine the potential value for the credit union.
- Recommends purchases for hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Responsible for the overall reliability and maintenance of the computer systems by ensuring technical guidelines are followed,
backups are performed, and the necessary software, hardware, support, and redundancy are available.
- Ensures the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment.
- Provides first-level help desk support for the organization’s system.
- Prepares enterprise objectives and budgets to facilitate efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of
- Performs and prepares running job schedules and performance reports (daily, weekly, month-end, quarterly and year-end)
- Prepares quarterly Board of Director reports
- Prepares annual information technology risk assessments.
- Prepares and delivers information and reports to requesting departments.
- Recommends changes in programs, routines, and quality control standards to improve computer operating efficiency
- Ensures maintenance requirements are met for hardware and software.
- Troubleshoots and resolves electronic service issues for the Credit Union.
- Works effectively with other members of the Executive Team in establishing strategic priorities.
- Leads STTFCU’s information technology committee
- Performs other routine functions within the information technology area as required; to include maintaining operational
documents, logs, internal information technology reports, disk capacity reports for the core systems, re-boots of servers,
office equipment or assist in training staff on computer and system operations, as deemed necessary.
- Attends Financial Institution and Credit Union conferences, industry forums and other educational meetings.
- Handles complex duties, special projects, and other related duties as assigned
- Maintain knowledge operational systems and software.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Science. Three (3) to five (5) years of similar
related experience required. Certified CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional), preferred. Project management and
two (2) to five (5) years supervisory experience preferred. Must be proficient in the use of current technologies such as virtualization,
security software, and complex networking and telecommunications systems. Previous experience in banking or financial services
institution preferred. Ability to interact with others in a positive manner both in person and by phone. Ability to work in a team
environment and demonstrate communication and analytical skills. Ability to handle a variety of member requests including difficult
member situations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability and willingness to recommend products and
services. Additions or modifications of these requirements may be made as needed to maintain service levels to members. Knowledge
of office equipment and automated enhancements. Advanced PC skills and proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet.
Proficiency in CU Base, TransFund, E-Oscar, Lanvera, Transunion, Experian, Equifax, Avigilon and other office systems required within
30 days of employment.
Quality/Compliance -Achieving a standard of excellence with the work processes and outcomes, adhering to STTFCU policies and all
Member focus– Striving for high member satisfaction.
Communication– Balancing listening and talking skills. Speaking and writing clearly and accurately. Being able to influence others, and
keeping others informed.
Collegiality– Being helpful, respectful, approachable, and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work
Initiative– Taking ownership of the work, doing what is needed without being asked, and following through.
Efficiency– Planning, managing time well, being on time, being cost-conscious, and thinking of innovative ways to accomplish the
Coachability– Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement.